Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Ideas for future Draco upgrade

All

Next year I was thinking of getting rid of the stock pickups in my Draco.

Anyone recommend any good combinations for HB bridge (currently Rockfield Fat Ass) & SC neck (currently no-name rails).

Thanks,

Jon
    Guitars
    2009 BC Rich Draco (Onyx)
    2010 PRS SE Tremonti (Natural)
    2010 Steinberger Synapse Demon (Pitch Black)

Pedals
    Line 6 Pod HD500

Originally posted by jdixon72 View Post
    All

Next year I was thinking of getting rid of the stock pickups in my Draco.

Anyone recommend any good combinations for HB bridge (currently Rockfield Fat Ass) & SC neck (currently no-name rails).

Thanks,

Jon
    If you like Duncans, try the JB bridge and Cool Rails neck.
    "Reliability/Durability : 1
    This lasted the concert and broke. Afterwards it smashed easily."

Comment

Originally posted by lemmy-w-de-V View Post
      If you like Duncans, try the JB bridge and Cool Rails neck.
      I do like the sound of most Duncans, so will bear this in mind; thanks!!
      Guitars

Pedals
      Line 6 Pod HD500

Comment

You havent said what sort of sound you want.

I really like Bareknuckle painkillers. They're pretty versatile. Great for dropped tuning and can still hold its own in E.
        Yesterday I tried my first Bareknuckle Warpig, it was like a big sound of death pelting into my face. Awesome for dropped tunings. Maybe more of a rythem pickup? To be debated I guess.
        If you want an 80's style sound I'd say a Bareknuckle Holydiver.

Whatever sound you want - i'd say check out Bareknuckle pickups. I keep trying other brands and have not diverted away from Bareknuckles. Yesterday I played a Lundgren M8 (Messugah sig model). A $300 pickup. Bareknuckle are still much better in my opinion. The Luindgren was just lacking enthusiasm.
        http://www.facebook.com/searlsguitars

Comment

I've had good results with DiMarzio, a ToneZone DP155 and ProTrack DP188 in the bridge and neck respectively .. they growl nicely and have a punchy edge, but still have an organic feel to them.
          What DemonX says about bareknuckles is borne out by my experience, except I don't know that they have a single-coil sized humbucker .. so the s/c would have to be a true s/c

Comment

Originally posted by demonx View Post
            You havent said what sort of sound you want.
            With this guitar, aiming for a few metal subgenres...

Originally posted by demonx View Post
            I really like Bareknuckle painkillers. They're pretty versatile. Great for dropped tuning and can still hold its own in E.
            Yesterday I tried my first Bareknuckle Warpig, it was like a big sound of death pelting into my face. Awesome for dropped tunings. Maybe more of a rythem pickup? To be debated I guess.
            If you want an 80's style sound I'd say a Bareknuckle Holydiver.

Whatever sound you want - i'd say check out Bareknuckle pickups. I keep trying other brands and have not diverted away from Bareknuckles. Yesterday I played a Lundgren M8 (Messugah sig model). A $300 pickup. Bareknuckle are still much better in my opinion. The Luindgren was just lacking enthusiasm.
            Problem with BKP is they're pricey for non-gigging (or non silver-spoon in mouth on birth) guitarists :D

They do sound great though...
            Guitars

Pedals
            Line 6 Pod HD500

Comment

Originally posted by TimB View Post
              I've had good results with DiMarzio, a ToneZone DP155 and ProTrack DP188 in the bridge and neck respectively .. they growl nicely and have a punchy edge, but still have an organic feel to them.
              What DemonX says about bareknuckles is borne out by my experience, except I don't know that they have a single-coil sized humbucker .. so the s/c would have to be a true s/c
              I checked out the DiMarzio site last night, and I ended up contemplating an X2N in the bridge and a chopper in the neck... any experience with those?
              Guitars

Pedals
              Line 6 Pod HD500

Comment

Not a fan of resurrecting old threads, but hey... it *is* related.

My Draco is currently with a tech and I am having a BKP Aftermath and Trilogy SC (tweaked by BKP to go with the HB) fitted.

Should be getting back within the next week.
                Guitars

Pedals
                Line 6 Pod HD500

Comment

Working...
                X