This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCR Bible - Acoustics

I've put together this time line from info I've collected over the years. I take no responsibility for it's accuracy, but I presume it's all correct (to the best of my knowledge). Remember that assumption is the mother of all failure!

ACOUSTIC GUITARS - MADE IN USA

In 1966 Bernie Rico changed his guitar name to B.C. Rich when he made approx 300 acoustics?, B.C. Rich continued to make acoustic guitars using highly skilled Mexican craftsmen until 1982, when Rico?s head craftsman died. Rather than replace him, the decision was made to cease acoustic production.

Most if not all the early B.C. Rich Acoustic guitars were bassed on Pre War Martin Models.

As of early 1995, Bernie Rico had returned to his old affection for acoustics and added a new acoustic guitar to his line, the B-41C, a single cutaway guitar loaded with abalone trim.

Originally posted by Neal Moser
    Actually, when I got there in 74 there were a number of guys building the acoustics, it's been a long time, but somewhere between 3 & 5. The head guy's name was Nacho Compos (sp?) He died sometime later by drinking while taking cold medicine. Jose Blas was also there and he took over as shop Foreman.

The reason we stopped building the acoustics was because of the electrics. Not enough builders to cover everything and the electrics sold faster.
    The Jumbos that were built in the early 80's were built to get rid of the last of the Brazilian Rosewood that the old man (Bernie's Dad) had bought in the late 60's. Instead of using it for fingerboards Bernie decided he could make more immediate CASH by putting the wood into acoustics. They were very beautiful, but didn't have the mojo of the originals from the early 70's. I think we produced 15 or so, don't remember for sure.
    ================================================== ===========================================

B-20

================================================== ===========================================

B-20 - 12 String

B-26

B-28

B-30

B-38

Brazillian Rosewood Back and Sides
    Made in USA

B-41

Forward X braced.
    Brazilian rosewood spruce top.

B-48

Photo from Mal Stich

Brazilian rosewood and spruce top.
    Mahogany neck.
    Forward braced x bracing.

B-20 CDS

Made in USA in 1996

JUMBO ??

================================================== ============================================

MAG

MAG = Mockingbird Acoustic Guitar
    First appeared in the 1999 catalogue.

BC Rich Custom Shop NAMM 2006

In 2006 the custom shop produced a limited run of three acoustics for 2006 NAMM. Two were plain top traditional models and the third was this one.

Spalted Quilt Maple.
    Ebony and mahogany purfling.
    The Guitar features gold hardware, brass nut, brass saddle with an ebony bridge and pearl string buttons.
    The truss rod cover and pick guard are rosewood.
    Fretboard is ebony with Abalone cloud inlays.
    The five piece neck features flame maple mahogany and rosewood.
    The neck shape is a medium rounded C shape
    This BC Rich has no serial number

================================================== ============================================

Unsure of Model Number

I'm not sure what the model number of this one is but it was so nice I had to post it!

Also A B.C. Rich Acoustic Bass !!

From the 1995 Catalogue:
    http://www.bcrichplayers.com/board/v...p?f=12&t=15681

ACOUSTIC GUITARS - IMPORT MODELS

From the 1983 N.J. Catalogue:

From the 1994 Catalogue:

Warlock Acoustic Class Axe Era:

More Class Axe:
    Some people say these abominations were a bolt on neck that people modded onto a cheap acoustic body, but theres quite a lot of them around, so they might even be real... I don't know. This particular style can be seen in many episodes the old TV show full house.

Warlock Acoustic HHI Era:
    Last edited by demonx; 09-08-2012, 05:42 AM.
    http://www.facebook.com/searlsguitars

I've got the original MAG prototype electro and one of 3,BC65D's.

Ronz
    www.fubar-rock.net

Comment

Working...
    X